lundi 23 février 2015

Good day, Miss Austen!

I just begin a long process quilt and hope it will be finished just in time for next Twelve Days of Christmas.
This year I choose a Jane Austen theme and I collected half of the gifts! but the other half has to be made by hand...
My mother also is involved with three cushions to sew.
I just love the quilt Novels by a Lady, an embroidered quilt from Bénédicte Maurin 's book: Good day, Miss Austen Quilts, Dolls & more... Quiltmania Editions.
I start with Elizabeth Bennet block but I'm a little afraid by all those embroidery blocks! I only made the pieced block and had some troubles with the pinwheel block , never done before...
Most of the fabrics are from Tilda.
Another detail, I change the size for a modest one, approximately 2/3 of the given one.
Here it's raining so cold! the wind is wuthering! I just need tea and patchwork to carry on.

Aucun commentaire: